The course will cover:
• The importance of a risk assessment
• Recognising risks for volunteers
• Safe lone working
• Home visits
• Recognising the warning signs of aggression
• De-escalating and defusing aggressive situations
• Knowing what resources exist
• Reporting possible safeguarding concerns
Anyone who works on their own, without direct supervision or support at any time.
This training is provided free of charge by HVA. However there will be a penalty charge of £40 per person for any unexplained absence.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
The aims: To raise volunteer’s awareness of mental health issues and reduce the stigma attached.
This training workshop will increase awareness of the range of funding sources available, look at how to complete a funding application, and help your group to plan ahead.
Hastings Lions organises the annual Hastings Half Marathon, which raises a lot of money for local good causes.