Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 pro rata (pay band C)
Hours: 7 hours a week, likely to rise to 10 hours a week in October (on days to suit the candidate)
Location: Energise Sussex Coast office, Silchester Road, St Leonard's
The post will be awarded on a fixed term contract until July 2020, this will be extended as funding is received.
Application deadline: Sunday 6th October (midnight)
Reporting to: Kate Meakin, Campaign and Fundraising Manager
Energise Sussex Coast is recruiting an Admin & Finance Officer who will provide admin and office support to the team.
The Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible for:
• Data entry and record keeping.
• Managing Excel spreadsheets and analysing data.
• Keeping files and databases up to date.
• Assisting with reporting requirements – for example with analysing monitoring data.
• Office manager functions e.g. booking travel, booking appointments.
• Finance: Generating, sending, collecting and managing invoicing; making payments; monitoring cash flow and preparing cash flow forecasts, managing payroll.
• Ad-hoc Support to ESC's activities, such as updating the website and helping out at outreach events.
Information on Energise Sussex Coast
Energise Sussex Coast (ESC) is a small Community Energy Co-operative based in St Leonards On Sea made up of 5 part time employees. Our mission is to act co-operatively to tackle the climate crisis and energy injustice through community owned renewable power and energy saving schemes.
ESC is primarily grant funded. We provide energy advice to residents, work on community engagement projects and pilot new innovative technologies. The solar installation arm of ESC is called Energise South and will install solar pv on a portfolio of local schools and community buildings over the next few months.
Competencies and qualities
Energise Sussex Coast is looking for an experienced administrator who will ensure the organisation runs smoothly by creating and maintaining good admin and finance systems. We are looking for someone who is very organised, good at handling and processing data and IT literate, with a good working knowledge of Excel and experience of managing basic finance functions.
We are looking for someone that is process driven, and enjoys methodical data input, processing and filing, and who has experience of creating systems to ensure good data management. This person will need to have a keen eye for detail and will maintain accurate records of work to comply with the various requirements of grant funders.
We need a quick learner and someone that is confident to work from their own initiative with minimum supervision.
In return ESC offers a very flexible part time role, that would fit very well around family life or other commitments. We are a small and friendly organisation with lots of interesting projects going on and you will be part of a busy, upbeat team based in central St Leonards. The role will expand and grow as we receive funding for new projects.
• Highly organised with a keen eye for detail. The ability to create and maintain systems for organising data.
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel and managing databases – including how to use formulas, analyse data, create charts etc.
• Experience of data input and record keeping.
• Good IT skills – confident creating and managing spreadsheets.
• Experience of finance functions – generating invoices, processing payments, payroll.
• The initiative to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Flexibility to cope with several jobs simultaneously and to agreed deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• An understanding of data protection GDPR rules, or willing to learn.
• An interest in the energy sector/ environmental issues.
• Experience of creating cashflow forecasts.
• Experience of updating Wordpress websites.
• Experience of working on grant funded projects and an understanding of how to meet reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of the energy sector.
• Fundraising experience.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter of about a page referencing how you meet the above job specification, and the equalities form to email@example.com by 6th October (midnight).
In the covering letter please make sure you have given an example of how you meet each of the person requirements listed, including the desirable requirements if you meet them. Please note that we will short list based on a scoring system.
The interviews will take place on 14th and 15th October