- Flexible hours.
- Contract from present to end of March (with a possibility of an extended contract if more funding is received).
- Salary: £15ph.
- Hours: Flexible, on average around 1.5 days a week.
Energise Sussex Coast is working with Community Energy South and the BHESCO on the Faith and Power project. The aim of the project is to engage with the Muslim community to improve access to energy advice and switching services, and address fuel poverty within the community. ESC are recruiting an Energy Champion who will work with the local mosques and Islamic community in Hastings, Rother and surrounding areas, to engage with the community to raise awareness about energy efficiency and saving money on energy bills. The Champion will:
- Coordinate a Green Mosques Faith and Power session.
- Engage with 5 mosques and their faith community with the aim of undertaking Big Energy Saving Network work.
- Write an article on energy efficiency to be published and distributed within the 5 Muslim Communities
- Give talks and bill checking services to 5 mosques (or community groups linked to Mosques)
- Energy switching for 50 people
- Give group energy efficiency and switching advice to 200 additional people within the 5 communities
- Record data for monitoring purposes
- Engage with Mosque communities through social media and networks/newsletters
- Provide a Case Study and Testimonial for working within the Mosque
- Be able to start the job immediately
Energise Sussex Coast will provide the technical training needed to provide energy advice and switching services.Person SpecificationEssential
- Strong links to the local Muslim community with a good understanding of the Islamic faith.
- A good knowledge of the local Islamic faith mosques and networks.
- A willingness to attend the Big Energy Saving Network energy advice training.
- Excellent people skills.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good administration skills.
- Organised and reliable.
- The ability to work alone and be proactive in finding opportunities to give people advice.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of community work or experience of giving advice.
- A commitment to data protection and confidentiality.
- The Champion will need to have use of a laptop.
- Knowledge of energy in the home.
- Experience of giving energy advice and switching providers.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Experience of training people/ a training qualification.
- A current DBS certificate. ( ESC will provide this if the candidate does not have one)
For further informationPlease email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. To applyPlease send your CV with a covering letter of no more than 1 page of A4, stating how you meet the criteria, plus your general weekday and weekend availability to email@example.com by 14th February. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.