An experienced and dynamic Market Gardener to develop the growing element of this project which will be run as a Social Enterprise with the profits used to improve the health and well being of people throughout Rother, Hastings and West Kent. The mission is to grow and produce both heritage and current organic fruit and vegetables that will be used to generate funds via a number of income streams including: (i) Box Scheme; (ii) catering outlets and (iii) 3rd party catering. This is a full time position based in Hawkhurst £28K pa.
Closing dates for both roles is 10th December 2019. For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance quoting the applicable job title.
Hands of Hope are a registered charity number 1168016, set up in July 2016 by the current Trustees. Our aim is to teach people and their communities’ practical ways to sustain, conserve, protect and improve the natural environment and through education & training, improve people’s health and well being using growing, cooking and the natural world.
Currently farming 2 acres of organic fruit and vegetables in Peasmarsh, in 2017 we acquired a neglected heritage walled kitchen garden & 18 adjoining acres in Hawkhurst, West Kent, which will be restored, regenerated and developed into a vibrant and welcoming heritage kitchen garden and community hub to:
• Provide educational and social activities that use growing and cooking, combined with traditional practices to reconnect communities and generations;
• Deliver projects aimed at tackling childhood obesity, rural and social isolation, as well as dementia and mental health;
• Restore, Conserve and Enhance the natural and cultural heritage assets of the site;
• Promote sustainable use of the natural and heritage resources of the site;
• Use heritage and the natural environment to support life-improving programmes promoting sustainable economic and social development of the site’s communities with specific focus on marginalised groups across Rother, Hastings and West Kent;
• Become a beacon and landmark at the heart of the community.