The aims of this course are: To explore our own resilience to emotional ‘stress’ triggers and methods of minimising the impact of emotional responses.
- To share our own backgrounds and current stress factors
- To understand why we respond to stress
- To practice tools to help reduce stress
- To know where to turn to for more advice and information.
Trainer: Renee Jasper-Griffiths
ESCC Training and development consultant
Hastings, TN34 1NN
Our first Zoom Hastings Community Network Open Mic event took place in April. It was a well attended networking event with a broad range of local organisations taking part to share resources and make connections for future collaborative working. It was a great opportunity for people to get together to speak about how they have adapted their services in the pandemic and how they will be working in the future. Due to the popularity of the event, we are holding another Zoom Open Mic in July.
To claim one of the 3 minute 'open mic' slots to share an issue or initiative please follow the link: www.hastingsvoluntaryaction.org.uk/events
Volunteer Co-ordinator Forums are informal meetings that allow anyone working with volunteers the opportunity to learn and talk more about specific volunteering topics as well as offering the chance to:
• Meet with other people working with volunteers throughout East Sussex
• Get up to date information about volunteer management training, funding and other volunteering initiatives in your area.
• Discover the latest news from the national volunteering sector and how it affects your organisation.
Due to current circumstances this event will be held on Zoom.
This is a 2 hour course which can be emotional, a willingness to share with others is important. It is not necessary to reveal personal issues but the attendees must be willing to engage with exercises.