- To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
- To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
- To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
- Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
- Awareness of a defibrillator
- Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
- Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
The cost of this training is FREE for up to 2 representatives of HVA member organisations, as it has been subsidised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. However there will be a £40 penalty for non-attendance without at least 3 days’ notice.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
The course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and procedures and the signs and indicators of child abuse. To enable staff to identify and respond to child protection concerns and to become aware of East Sussex County Council Child Protection Procedures to encourage and develop effective inter-agency communication where child protection matters arise.
This training covers how to respond to emergency situations, resuscitation, recovery, and life threatening health conditions. By successfully completing this course, participants will be awarded with a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work. Emergency First Aid at Work courses train delegates to a level of skill and confidence to deal with basic life saving in emergency situations before medical backup arrives. There will be a £60 fee for this course.
This event will bring together community, voluntary, independent and public sector practitioners who have an interest in ensuring that Hastings and St Leonards develop opportunities that are relevant to community needs /wants and involves local people, across generations, at all stages of the process.
Your contribution to the morning would be really valuable and there will be plenty of time set aside to network with the around 70 people that are likely to attend.