Legacy of War Foundation
The Legacy of War Foundation exists to support the creation of a peaceful planet, and until we reach that point, to support people who have been impacted by war to rebuild their lives.
Current Projects include
1. A project giving 200 women who were affected by the Rwandan Genocide land and support to set up and run community farms.
2. A project training Prosthetic and Orthotic clinicians in Syria, remotely, at university accredited level.
3. Scholarships for adults and children who have been injured by explosive devices, and support building audiences, and profile, plus support for study for artists displaced by conflict.
4. Advocacy on the impact of war, and the rights of disabled people during war in a number of partnerships and fora including with the Geneva Academy of Peace and to a Uk interdepartmental parliamentary body reporting to the UK Government.
Forthcoming Projects Include
1. A Prosthetics and Orthotics clinic and workshop in Rwanda, in Partnership with EMERGENCY. and Rwandan partners.
2. A Prosthetics and Orthotics clinic in Mosul, Iraq, in partnership with EMERGENCY and Iraqi partners.
3. Schools programme established - initially UK and US.