Here are some local befriending schemes that might be useful for you:
NHS Volunteer Responder Service – Check In & Chat - 0808 196 3646
Calls may be requested on a one-off basis, or perhaps as a regular check in, from someone who:
- Has ever been advised to shield by a health professional.
- Is vulnerable for another reason, (for instance, due to disability, pregnancy, aged over 70, has a long-term condition such as Parkinson's or epilepsy, or are vulnerable due to a mental health condition).
- Is someone with caring responsibilities.
- Is self-isolating because they’ve been diagnosed with coronavirus or have symptoms, or they’ve been in contact with someone who has.
- Has been instructed to self-isolate by the ‘Test and Trace’ service, because they’ve been near someone infected.
- Is self-isolating ahead of planned hospital care.
- Has been instructed to self-isolate following entry into the country.
Age UK Telephone Friendship – 0800 678 1602
We match over-60s with a friendly volunteer for a weekly chat. Our service has helped create hundreds of new friendships, and many people tell us their calls are the highlight of their week. To get started, just tell us a bit about yourself and we’ll do the rest.
This is run by our partner charity, The Silver Line. It’s a free 24-hour helpline which people can call for a chat, day or night. Whatever the reason, we’re here to listen.
Befriending Buddies Bexhill – 01424 215116
Our Befriending Buddies are volunteers that can provide you with a regular for a coffee and a chat or perhaps to escort you or a .