An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a talented and enthusiastic Head Chef/Cook to join our dynamic and impactful charity and help launch and drive success in a new Centre for Hastings.
Hastings, East Sussex.
35 hours per week 1 FTE
• An experienced Head Chef/Cook.
• Inspired to create a high-quality catering and hospitality offering at the heart of our new centre.
• Talented in menu planning.
• Able to lead a team of paid and voluntary catering and hospitality staff.
Do you have:
• Passion, great food and customer service.
• Minimum of two-years’ experience of managing a busy kitchen.
• A proven ability in managing and costing menu plans, ordering and maintaining supplies.
• Demonstrable experience of working with suppliers, sourcing high quality ingredients, and achieving best value.
Working alongside the Centre Manager, and with oversight and support from our Business and Operation Director, this role is central to creating the Isabel Blackman Centre as a vibrant and sustainable destination, enhancing the health and wellbeing of people in and around Hastings. You will lead the catering and hospitality service, playing a key role in building and sustaining its reputation for quality, value, and service. You will lead the catering service ensuring that effective engagement and customer focus. Your commercial experience will ensure effective ordering and supplier relations support successful performance.
You will be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of leading a kitchen, catering, and hospitality operation. Self-starting, with a passion for great food and customer service, you will bring leadership that inspires your team of paid and voluntary staff to see how their work is vital to overall experience of customers at the Centre.
This role is based at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings which is being relaunched as a newly renovated and vibrant community space for older people and other locally.
For further details and an application pack about this exciting opportunity, please visit
Alternatively you can contact the Recruitment Team at email@example.com
All fully completed applications must be received no later than 20th May 2022 at 5pm. Interviews will take place at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings.
Registered Charity Number 1139470