The course will cover:
• The importance of a risk assessment
• Recognising risks for volunteers
• Safe lone working
• Home visits
• Recognising the warning signs of aggression
• De-escalating and defusing aggressive situations
• Knowing what resources exist
• Reporting possible safeguarding concerns
Anyone who works on their own, without direct supervision or support at any time.
This training is provided free of charge by HVA. However there will be a penalty charge of £40 per person for any unexplained absence.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Hastings Lions organises the annual Hastings Half Marathon, which raises a lot of money for local good causes.
This is a 2 hour course which aims to give practical tools for developing communication skills
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about the range of services that are delivered in Hastings & St Leonards, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors. (over 40 people have booked onto this event so far)
Let us know if you would to have a marketplace stall and/or a 5 minute open mic slot.