Hundreds of voluntary organisations that are active in Hastings have joined Hastings Voluntary Action.
If you would like your voluntary organisation to be a member of HVA, you organisation needs to:
- Be a not-for-profit organisation (e.g. charity, community group, social enterprise, etc)
- Have an appropriate governing document
Have a decision-making committee
- Have a bank account in the name of the organisation, and at least two people authorise any transaction (if holding funds)
- If a CIC, have a minimum of 3 unrelated Directors, with the majority of Directors unpaid by the CIC
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities
- Work for the benefit of people in the Hastings area.
If you are unsure whether your organisation meets these criteria, contact HVA.
HVA membership is free to join and members can benefit from a range of services including:
- Free fortnightly e-bulletins, sent by email and keeping you up to date with recent news affecting voluntary and community organisations in this area.
- Free use of Hastings Voluntary Action’s information services
- Inclusion in our Directory of local voluntary and community sector resources
- Support with recruiting new volunteers
- Support and advice on setting up or running a voluntary and community organisation
- The opportunity to join the Hastings Community Network – a representative body which voices the views of Hastings community and voluntary organisations order to influence decisions
- Access to the services of a specialist funding advisor
- Reduced rates on affordable meeting rooms for hire in the town centre, available for daytime meetings.
- An equipment booking service for groups who may need to borrow things such as a digital projector.
- The opportunity to vote at Hastings Voluntary Action's AGM, and to nominate a trustee for HVA from your voluntary organisation.