- To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
- To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
- To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
- Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
- Awareness of a defibrillator
- Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
- Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
The cost of this training is FREE for up to 2 representatives of HVA member organisations, as it has been subsidised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. However there will be a £40 penalty for non-attendance without at least 3 days’ notice.
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This two hour course aims to give basic information relating to emergency situations both where a person is injured or has a sudden illness. Failure to attend without notice will incur a charge of £40 per person. This charge applies to all agencies.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. To learn more or book onto an Adult MHFA Two Day course please contact
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a 3 hour course which aims to give guidance to understand professional boundaries and duty of care, and emotional resilience to stress