- To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
- To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
- To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
- Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
- Awareness of a defibrillator
- Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
- Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
The cost of this training is FREE for up to 2 representatives of HVA member organisations, as it has been subsidised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. However there will be a £40 penalty for non-attendance without at least 3 days’ notice.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Hastings Lions organises the annual Hastings Half Marathon, which raises a lot of money for local good causes.
This is a 2 hour course which aims to give practical tools for developing communication skills
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about the range of services that are delivered in Hastings & St Leonards, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors. (over 40 people have booked onto this event so far)
Let us know if you would to have a marketplace stall and/or a 5 minute open mic slot.