The course objectives are:
- To understand the importance of an initial home visit to access risk (for client and volunteers)
- To appreciate the assessment as part of establishing professional boundaries
- To understand the difference between a hazard and a risk
- To use the risk assessment cycle
- To be able to take into account positive risk
- To develop a risk assessment template based on the aims and objectives of the organisation
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Are you confused about the new GDPR (data protection) laws? Do you know what your organisation needs to do? HVA is hosting a free GDPR workshop for any charities, community groups or social enterprises that operate in Hastings.
The course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and procedures and the signs and indicators of child abuse. To enable staff to identify and respond to child protection concerns and to become aware of East Sussex County Council Child Protection Procedures to encourage and develop effective inter-agency communication where child protection matters arise.
This course is aimed at voluntary organisations and volunteers to ensure they are aware of lone working risks and tips on how to avoid them.