Course Aims and Description: This is a developmental course targeted at those with responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding in their organisation or group and you must have completed an Introduction to Child Protection course in the past two years.
The objectives of the course are to cover:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in being the lead for child protection and safeguarding in a voluntary group
- Creating a safe setting for staff and children and young people
- Exploring dilemmas and issues involved in progressing safeguarding concerns
A maximum of 2 representatives from each organisation will have a confirmed place and further applications will be put on a waiting list.
· Staff and volunteers who have responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding in their organisation or group
· You must have completed an Introduction to Child Protection course in the past two years.
Costs: This is a FREE course for any delegate within the target audience group
This course is being run in partnership with the LSCB, and the venue costs have been waived by HVA.
Please note that failure to attend a course will incur a charge of £30 per person. This charge applies to all agencies. If there is an exceptional operational situation that is communicated prior to the course, these charges would not be applicable.
Jackson Hall, Portland Place
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Hastings Lions organises the annual Hastings Half Marathon, which raises a lot of money for local good causes.
This is a 2 hour course which aims to give practical tools for developing communication skills
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about the range of services that are delivered in Hastings & St Leonards, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors. (over 40 people have booked onto this event so far)
Let us know if you would to have a marketplace stall and/or a 5 minute open mic slot.