Course Aims and Description: This is a developmental course targeted at those with responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding in their organisation or group and you must have completed an Introduction to Child Protection course in the past two years.
The objectives of the course are to cover:
- The roles and responsibilities involved in being the lead for child protection and safeguarding in a voluntary group
- Creating a safe setting for staff and children and young people
- Exploring dilemmas and issues involved in progressing safeguarding concerns
A maximum of 2 representatives from each organisation will have a confirmed place and further applications will be put on a waiting list.
· Staff and volunteers who have responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding in their organisation or group
· You must have completed an Introduction to Child Protection course in the past two years.
Costs: This is a FREE course for any delegate within the target audience group
This course is being run in partnership with the LSCB, and the venue costs have been waived by HVA.
Please note that failure to attend a course will incur a charge of £30 per person. This charge applies to all agencies. If there is an exceptional operational situation that is communicated prior to the course, these charges would not be applicable.
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This course aims to give practical information on food handling and safe preparation and how to control the spread of infection. Includes BBQ awareness for summer!
The aim of Emotional Resilience training is to explore our own resilience to emotional 'stress' triggers and methods of minimising the impact of emotional responses.
The Big Event is an opportunity for the Voluntary and Community Sector across East Sussex to come together and explore relevant developments and changes that affect us as a sector. The Big Event always includes an advice fair, conference presentations, and breakaway workshops or masterclasses.
It is organised by SpeakUp, which is administered by 3VA.