The Forums are designed as informal meetings that allow anyone working with volunteers the opportunity to learn and talk more about specific volunteering topics as well as offering the chance to;
- Meet with other people working with volunteers throughout East Sussex
- Get up to date information about volunteer management training, funding and other volunteering initiatives in your area.
- Discover the latest news from the national volunteering sector and how it affects your organisation.
Each forum has a focused topic. It doesn’t matter if you have worked with volunteers for five minutes, or for five years and more…everyone has something to offer and you will be very welcome.
Attendance at all the Forums is completely free but there is often limited space in the venues and demand for places is usually high, so to be sure of your place, please book early
The person to email concerning these events is Tanya at Hastings Voluntary Action
Hastings, TN34 1BA
Have you got a good idea? Would you like to make a difference in your local area? The Building Stronger Communities grant of up to £1500 could help you make your idea a reality!
The aims of Basic Health & Safety Awareness training is to be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for individual
The aim of this training is to give practical advice on developing a basic risk assessment for new clients.
• To understand the importance of an initial home visit to access risk (for client and volunteers)
• To appreciate the assessment as part of establishing professional boundaries.
• To use the risk assessment cycle
• To be able to take into account positive risk.
• To develop a risk assessment template based on the aims and objectives of the organisation.
This session includes breaks with refreshments.
Trainer: Renee Jasper-Griffiths
ESCC Training and development consultant