The aims: To give basic information relating to emergency situations both where a person is injured or has a sudden illness
· To dispel some myths and give basic information of how to deal with emergency medical situations
· To give practical experience of how to perform CPR
· To raise awareness of how a defibrillator works and how simple they are to use
· Recognition and handling of the unconscious person
· Awareness of a defibrillator
· Basic treatment of injuries, bleeds, burns, possible fractures
· Recognition and positioning for heart attacks and strokes, emergency treatment for diabetes and epilepsy
Trainer: Ann Holland Cert Ed, MSET, MITOL, MNBE
Hastings, TN34 1QN
Dementia Awareness Week runs from Monday 21 May to Sunday 27 May. Let us know if you would like us to promote a public event in the Hastings area.
The course aims to raise awareness of child protection issues and procedures and the signs and indicators of child abuse.
To enable staff to identify and respond to child protection concerns and to become aware of East Sussex County Council Child Protection Procedures to encourage and develop effective inter-agency communication where child protection matters arise.
Volunteers' Week is an annual celebration of volunteering.
Nearer the time, Hastings Voluntary Action will publicise plans about how we will mark this week in Hastings.