Hundreds of organisations active in Hastings have joined Hastings Voluntary Action.
If you would like your organisation to be a member of HVA, you organisation needs to:
- Be a not-for-profit organisation (e.g. charity, community group, social enterprise, etc)
- Have an appropriate governing document
Have a decision-making committee
- Have a bank account in the name of the organisation, and at least two people authorise any transaction (if holding funds)
- Have a commitment to equal opportunities
- Work for the benefit of people in the Hastings area.
If you are unsure whether your organisation meets these criteria, contact HVA.
HVA membership is free to join and members can benefit from a range of services including:
- Free e-bulletins and PDF newsletter, sent by email and keeping you up to date with recent news affecting voluntary and community organizations in this area.
- Free use of Hastings Voluntary Action’s information services
- A free copy of our Directory of Local Voluntary and Community Sector Resources and the opportunity to be included in the paper and online versions.
- The support of our Volunteer Centre to assist with recruitment of volunteers
- Support and advice on setting up or running a voluntary and community organisation
- The opportunity to join the Hastings Community Network – a representative body which enables community and voluntary organisations to elect representatives to capture views of its members in order to influence decisions
- Access to the services of a specialist funding advisor
- Affordable meeting rooms for hire in the town centre, available for daytime meetings.
- An equipment booking service for groups who may need to borrow things such as a digital projector.