Throughout the world, and locally in Hastings and St Leonards, there is increasing awareness of how the natural environment, and healthy and sustainable homes, benefits our health and quality of life. Environmental pollution has a significant impact on us all. This is a theme that has been identified by Hastings Community Network members as a hot topic and one they would like to explore further.
The October community network event will therefore focus on this theme with the morning offering opportunities to:
• Network and identify shared priorities with representatives from across the voluntary, community, independent and public sectors in Hastings and St Leonards
• Hear about local initiatives which aim to improve the environment, and as a result the health and wellbeing, of residents in Hastings and St Leonards
• Take part in themed conversations and make connections
• Receive updates on the outcomes of previous community network events.
This event is organised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. Registration will open at 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and the event will finish at 12.30pm with networking until 1.30pm
This is one of eight Locality Networks supporting community resilience across East Sussex.
AGM 2019 profile
The Hastings Community Network and Hastings Voluntary Action welcomed the opportunity to discuss with Hastings Borough Council its strategic plan and budget. Following this the HCN is holding an Open Mic event for you to:
• Hear about the HBC consultation and progress on the Town Deal
• Get an update and feedback on HCN Events
• Have your say about issues affecting your work or projects you would like to profile