Throughout the world, and locally in Hastings and St Leonards, there is increasing awareness of how the natural environment, and healthy and sustainable homes, benefits our health and quality of life. Environmental pollution has a significant impact on us all. This is a theme that has been identified by Hastings Community Network members as a hot topic and one they would like to explore further.
The October community network event will therefore focus on this theme with the morning offering opportunities to:
• Network and identify shared priorities with representatives from across the voluntary, community, independent and public sectors in Hastings and St Leonards
• Hear about local initiatives which aim to improve the environment, and as a result the health and wellbeing, of residents in Hastings and St Leonards
• Take part in themed conversations and make connections
• Receive updates on the outcomes of previous community network events.
This event is organised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. Registration will open at 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and the event will finish at 12.30pm with networking until 1.30pm
This is one of eight Locality Networks supporting community resilience across East Sussex.
AGM 2019 profile
All of these courses will run at HVA Hastings
They are heavily subsidised for volunteers within the Hastings and Rother areas only, sorry no commercial bookings please.
• 23rd September Mental Health First Aid Awareness 0900-1300
• 13th October Suicide First Aid and Prevention (or Suicide Lite) 1000-1400
• 2nd November Mental Health First Aid Awareness 1000-1400
• 16th November Suicide First Aid and Prevention (or Suicide Lite) 1000-1400
The Mental Health Awareness course is certificated by Mental Health First Aid England the cost of this course per head is £20 payable at least 2 weeks in advance
Suicide Lite is a protected course name from Suicide First Aid UK, the cost is £20 per head in advance.
For further details and bookings please email me email@example.com
This is an opportunity to share information about your organisation or your work, learn about the range of services in Hastings & St Leonards and network with people from the voluntary and community sectors.