Completion of the course will enable you to:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
• Be able to assess an incident
• Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
• Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
• Know how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
Please note: There is a £50 charge for this course.
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about a range of services that are delivered in Hastings, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors.
The aims: To be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for individual.
• To be introduced to health and safety legislation
• To know how to find access information regarding H & S
• To understand an individual’s responsibility to adhere to health and safety precautions
• To appreciate the importance of risk assessment to meet health and safety requirements
The aims: To raise awareness of what adult abuse and how to raise a concern
• To introduce the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
• To understand the different forms of abuse and recognise signs
• To know how to react and what to do if someone discloses abuse