For over 24 years Oasis Project (Oasis) has been delivering services for women with drug and alcohol problems and children affected by drug use in the family. Oasis Project are an innovative organisation aiming to empower women affected by substance misuse and give help and hope to women and children affected by drug and alcohol problems. Oasis employees demonstrate understanding of the complex issues facing women substance misusers in order to help empower them to make choices that lead to change. EMPOWER is a new project for Oasis Women’s Recovery Service (OWRS).
EMPOWER Women’s Worker: What you will do:
You will conduct assessments, deliver 1-1 and group support to a targeted caseload of women affected by issues such as crack/opiate addiction, dual diagnosis, and those in the criminal justice system. You will work alongside partners in East Sussex Veteran’s Hub to deliver the Prison In-Reach element of this role, supporting an identified caseload of women experiencing multiple complex needs. Your role will entail preparing clients in HMP Bronzefield prison, providing pre-release support for a seamless transition back into the community. You will also attend Project ADDER meetings, working closely with other agencies under the Project ADDER initiative, making referrals to appropriate agencies when necessary.
You will have:
• Experience of working within the substance misuse sector and confident at delivering structured interventions, including effective group facilitation
• Knowledge of the key issues women substance misusers face and experience of working with women who have been victims of violence
• Experience of providing community based support practices and in partnership with other agencies
• Able to travel across county and willingness to work from HMP Bronzefield
• Ability to be resilient, demonstrate an empathetic attitude and work in a way that is reflective, adaptable and non-judgemental, adhering to professional boundaries at all times
EMPOWER Women’s Worker – (Project ADDER/OWRS) (Female*) - £24,000 per year FTE
22.5 hours per week – Fixed term to end June 2022 [Hastings based/planned prison visits]
There will be an expectation that the roles will generally involve working from office/outreach locations (safe working practices adhered to) with only limited home working likely.
* This post are only open to female applicants as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Oasis is committed to inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from people with relevant life as well as professional experience, and those with disabilities who are currently under-represented in the organisation. People from Black and Minority Ethnic communities are underrepresented in our organisation and we strongly welcome applications from this group.
For a full job description, person specification and application pack please visit: www.oasisproject.org.uk; or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an applicant’s pack. If you would like to chat to someone about these roles please contact: 01273 696970.
Closing date for applications is 9am on 23rd September 2021. Interviews will take place week commencing 27 September.
Application is by application form only, please do not send a CV as this will not be accepted as an application. You can apply by submitting your completed application form to the relevant link that you can access via the website. If you do not hear from Oasis Project by 26 September you will not have been successful on this occasion.
Charity no: 1065503 Company no: 3447762