Participants at a recent Hastings Community Network highlighted that this is a community that is proud of its strong, creative and supportive culture. It has a vibrant community and voluntary sector, with dedicated public sector and independent practitioners, who are part of the community themselves and passionate about its future.
It is with this in mind that you are invited to participate in the next HCN networking event with the theme of Ageing Well in Hastings and St Leonards.
At the event we will explore issues such as:
- What activities, services and support are already available for older people locally?
- Do these services meet the needs of future generations?
- What should the future look like as we all live longer and are more likely to stay in our own homes?
- How can we build on community strengths to ensure Hastings and St Leonards is a great place in which to grow older?
- How can we celebrate the opportunities older people have created for themselves and the contribution of local volunteers in making things happen?
This event is organised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. Registration will open at 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and the event will finish at 12.30pm with networking until 1.00pm
This is one of eight Locality Networks supporting community resilience across East Sussex.
Hastings, TN34 1NG
This training workshop will increase awareness of the range of funding sources available, look at how to complete a funding application, and help your group to plan ahead.
This training covers how to respond to emergency situations, resuscitation, recovery, and life threatening health conditions. By successfully completing this course, participants will be awarded with a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work. Emergency First Aid at Work courses train delegates to a level of skill and confidence to deal with basic life saving in emergency situations before medical backup arrives. There will be a £60 fee for this course.
The Big Event is the largest annual voluntary sector conference in East Sussex. SpeakUp Forum has been organising the Big Event since 2009. The Big Event is an opportunity for the Voluntary and Community Sector to come together and explore relevant developments and changes that affect us as a sector. The Big Event always includes an advice fair, conference presentations, and breakaway workshops or masterclasses.