Participants at a recent Hastings Community Network highlighted that this is a community that is proud of its strong, creative and supportive culture. It has a vibrant community and voluntary sector, with dedicated public sector and independent practitioners, who are part of the community themselves and passionate about its future.
It is with this in mind that you are invited to participate in the next HCN networking event with the theme of Ageing Well in Hastings and St Leonards.
At the event we will explore issues such as:
- What activities, services and support are already available for older people locally?
- Do these services meet the needs of future generations?
- What should the future look like as we all live longer and are more likely to stay in our own homes?
- How can we build on community strengths to ensure Hastings and St Leonards is a great place in which to grow older?
- How can we celebrate the opportunities older people have created for themselves and the contribution of local volunteers in making things happen?
This event is organised by Hastings Voluntary Action and East Sussex County Council. Registration will open at 9.30am for a 10.00am start, and the event will finish at 12.30pm with networking until 1.00pm
This is one of eight Locality Networks supporting community resilience across East Sussex.
Hastings, TN34 1NG
AGM 2019 profile
This is a 2 hour course which can be emotional, a willingness to share with others is important. It is not necessary to reveal personal issues but the attendees must be willing to engage with exercises.
The aim of this course is to be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for the individual.
The aims: To raise volunteer’s awareness of mental health issues and reduce the stigma attached.