The aims: To be introduced to legislation regarding equality and diversity and explore the concept of inclusion.
- To understand the Equality Act and how it affects volunteers
- To explore what is meant by equality and diversity
- To be able to put into use 'inclusion' in support that is provided
- How to reduce isolation and promote inclusion
Hastings, TN34 1QN
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about a range of services that are delivered in Hastings, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors.
The aims: To be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for individual.
• To be introduced to health and safety legislation
• To know how to find access information regarding H & S
• To understand an individual’s responsibility to adhere to health and safety precautions
• To appreciate the importance of risk assessment to meet health and safety requirements
The aims: To raise awareness of what adult abuse and how to raise a concern
• To introduce the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
• To understand the different forms of abuse and recognise signs
• To know how to react and what to do if someone discloses abuse