A Volunteering Strategy for Hastings' Project Workshops
Are you a volunteer in Hastings?
The Institute for Volunteering Research at the University of East Anglia (Norfolk, UK) is working with Hastings Voluntary Action to understand volunteering experiences in Hastings, and how the future of volunteering can be best configured in Hastings. We are looking for volunteers in Hastings to share their experiences at an online workshop. The workshop will take place online using Zoom, for 90 minutes.
If you would like to take part please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01424 444010 and she will tell you the next steps.
This is an opportunity to share information about your work, learn about a range of services that are delivered in Hastings, browse the marketplace, and network with a mixture of people from the voluntary, statutory and independent sectors.
The aims: To be introduced to legislation regarding health and safety and appreciate the link between risk, assessment of risk and positive support for individual.
• To be introduced to health and safety legislation
• To know how to find access information regarding H & S
• To understand an individual’s responsibility to adhere to health and safety precautions
• To appreciate the importance of risk assessment to meet health and safety requirements
The aims: To raise awareness of what adult abuse and how to raise a concern
• To introduce the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
• To understand the different forms of abuse and recognise signs
• To know how to react and what to do if someone discloses abuse