An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and talented Assistant Centre Manager to join our dynamic and impactful charity and support the launch and successful development of programmes in a new Centre for Hastings.
Assistant Centre Manager
Hastings, East Sussex.
35 hours per week 1 FTE
• Hands-on, organised and experienced in managing day to day programmes and operations.
• Able to successfully lead the planning and delivery of a diverse programme of classes, activities, events, and exhibitions.
• Passionate about and skilled in engaging purposefully and creatively with customers to ensure the centre’s programmes is co-designed with these attributes in mind.
• Excited about playing a key role in coordinating and delivering excellent opportunities and experiences to centre customers.
Do you have:
• At least two-years’ successful experience as an assistant manager, supervisor or coordinator of a leisure centre, social club, community venue or similar.
• Proven experience of running a membership programme or working within a membership environment.
• Effective organisational, administration and teamworking skills.
• Self-starting drive and energy, and a can- do approach to tasks that will deliver success every day.
Working closely with the Centre Manager, with oversight and support from our Business and Operation Director, the Assistant Centre Manager will play a key role in the creation and development of the Isabel Blackman Centre as a vibrant and sustainable destination, enhancing the health and wellbeing of people in and around Hastings. You will lead the centre’s exciting schedule of classes, activities, and events, ensuring these are co-designed with members and customers.
You will support operations, providing coordination and support to the centre’s team of employees and volunteers in creating and sustaining the centre’s reputation for quality, value, and service. Part of the role involves acting as the duty manager undertaking responsibilities such as overseeing the centre membership, managing the daily hire of our treatment room and bathing facility, finding opportunities to develop the centre for hire and coordinate local community use in the evenings.
This role is based at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings which is being relaunched a newly renovated and vibrant community space for older people and others who live locally.
For further details and an application pack about this exciting opportunity, please visit
Alternatively you can contact the Recruitment Team on 01273 476704 or email us on email@example.com
All fully completed applications must be received no later than 20th May 2022 at 5pm. Interviews will take place at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings.
Registered Charity Number 1139470