Hours 37.5 hours per week
Pay Scale: point 23 – 28: salary scale point
Salary £22,371.82 - £25,999.35 per annum
Based at: St Leonards and Eastbourne sites
Change grow live (CGL) Portal Service are pleased to offer two domestic abuse case workers or qualified Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVA) positions within the East Sussex area.
We are looking for motivated and dynamic frontline Advisors to deliver domestic violence and abuse services. One position is a full time permanent post the other a part time maternity cover. The post-holder will hold a Degree level education or similar relevant professional qualification, must be able to confidently communicate with service users who have experienced domestic abuse and trauma.
It is essential to have experience and or demonstrable professional understanding and knowledge of:
• Working within the Violence Against Women and Girls sector or similar field
• Working within the Violence against Men and Boys sector or similar field
• Options for and rights of women and girls experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
• Understanding of domestic violence and abuse issues with specific knowledge of trauma informed work.
• Safeguarding/Risk Assessments and Support Planning.
• Working with Complex needs
• Delivering workshops/Peer support groups and drop in services.
• One to one frontline work of people affected by domestic abuse and violence
Change Grow Live are committed to creating an inclusive environment, which celebrates difference and allows our staff and service users to flourish. We recruit the very best staff from a wide range of backgrounds, ensuring service users benefit from our diverse skills and expertise. We always work to the principles of fairness and equality of opportunity in all our recruitment processes.
We also expect an assertive approach to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults, and applicants to these posts will need to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to best safeguarding practice.
Please note, if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date, your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The maternity cover is a temporary appointment due to absence related to maternity/parental/other leave of the post holder, who is expected to return to work within the next 12 months. It is a condition of this appointment/ contract that you agree that when the original post holder returns to work, your contract of employment will be terminated with statutory notice
Closing date for applications is: 30/05/2019.
For more information and to apply please visit our website:
You are hereBack to top
1 CGL Portal DVA Case Worker/IDVA Post - CGL3418
Hours 37.5 hours per week