An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a talented and enthusiastic Fitness Coordinator to join our dynamic and impactful charity and help launch and drive success in a new Centre for Hastings.
Location: Hastings, East Sussex.
Salary: up to £18,200 per annum based upon level of qualification and experience
Hours: 35 hours per week
• A Level 3 Personal Trainer (or level 2 Fitness Instructor ready to scale up your qualifications)
• Inspired to create a high-quality exercise facility to support older people
• Talented in running courses and helping people to achieve their fitness goals
• Able to lead a small team of volunteers to create a bespoke Gym and Fitness Studio
Do you have:
• Passion for health and wellbeing
• At least two-years’ experience as a personal trainer or fitness instructor
• A proven ability to design and lead exercise classes, manage and support clients and members, oversee the use of gym equipment in line with all necessary standards
• Demonstrable experience of working with partners and other class instructors
Reporting directly to the Centre Manager our Fitness Coordinator will run our new IBC Fitness Studio and Gym, offering a range of exercise classes (Pilates, Yoga, Aerobic and Strength based) for the over 50’s, from a unique location in Old Town, Hastings.
Preferably, you will already be a Fitness Instructor and/or Personal Trainer with several years’ experience. You will hold a Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or be happy (with our support) to fast track your Level 2 qualification up to this level You will be used to working with clients aged over 50 and those who have specific physical needs.
Using your skills and experience you will create an exciting daily schedule of classes that will fill the Studio each day. You will run some of these classes yourself and bring in specialist instructors for those that require additional qualifications. Alongside this you will look after our small gym area and oversee client member inductions and training plans.
The IBC Studio and Gym will provide GP Referral exercise classes and over time we will be developing our services, with you, to offer specific classes for back support, cardiac and other medical referral clients.
You will be working with the wider IBC team, and we will encourage local volunteers to help you across the Studio and Gym and provide motivation for clients to help them achieve their goals.
This role is based at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings which is being relaunched a newly renovated and vibrant community space for older people.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy.
For further details and an application pack about this exciting opportunity, please visit
Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
All fully completed applications must be received no later than 20th May 2022 at 5pm. Interviews will take place at the Isabel Blackman Centre, Hastings.
Registered Charity Number 1139470